Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Big scary cat


8 x 8
Oil on canvas

So I was very bummed out about my ugly landscape I did the day before.  I needed a pick me up.  So here it is.  An easy big cat.  Funny how some things are easy to paint for some people and others struggle with.  Landscape should be easy.  Most artist can do them.  I find a face way easier to paint then a tree. 

When I fail at something I had set my heart on accomplishing,  I feel like I'm only as good as this last painting I just did.  So I HAVE to prove myself wrong.  I have to paint my *** off to prove it!
  
So my family ate late last night and did not have the clean sheets to sleep in that I had planned on giving them.  But they got a happier mama and wife!  

(Reference picture from Gary Jones.  Used with permission :) )